Sunday, March 6, 2011

Im going back to school!


I have decided to go back to school in the fall to be an interior designer.  I will start in the fall full time.  Every class sounds wonderful and I just cant wait!  I am hoping to combine an Interior Design business with my fine art gallery when I re-open the gallery.  The problem with selling fine art in this economy is no one had expendable income for fine art.  My gallery was wonderful and I WILL open it again.  I was just being patient and waiting for the economy to turn.  So, in the meantime I am leaning a new skill that will hopefully work in combination with the gallery to help make money. A lot of art galleries have frame shops within as well as the gallery to diversify and help bring in a steadier income.  I thought of this, but decided upon the interior design route instead.  My husband is a home builder/mason (and all things construction) since he was 17 years old.  He has had his own building company for years.  So, we are also thinking that he can hopefully do the construction of any design that I come up with....so we would really be a full service firm.  Also, some of the artwork in our gallery could also make its way into my designs! It seemed to fit well with everything else I have done and I know I have the interest and artistic sensibility for interior design.  It has been one of those things I have thought about for years.
But first things first....school!  I cant even tell you how excited I am to start.  It just seems like "playing" to me!  I get to buy school supplies again--the smell of sharpened pencils...(do they even use pencils anymore??!) Probably ,all the teachers will be younger than me....oh well :)!  But I have always loved school....even taking tests which I know is truly weird. I feel like a kid again!  I am going to take some fine art classes as well mixed in there for fun....since I am there!  Oh JOY>

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    I don't think you can ever go wrong getting more education! I wish the best for you as I know you will be a straight A student! You go girl! You have the natural ability already!!!
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your big adventure. It certainly seems like a natural progression and when it feels like "play" then you know it's right.

    ReplyDelete