Friday, October 22, 2010

I know this is a rug hooking blog....but....Yummm

As I write this my cat....is totally bugging me...I don't know about you, but my cat has to be right in my face/lap whenever I read (which is often).  Its of no use to get her off my lap ...she will come right back and insists on being right between my book and me.  Yes, I feel loved but Geeeez its irritating as well!  Now that I have moved the computer from work to home...she has found a new way to irritate/love me!  As soon as I start typing away at the computer there she is right in my way...butt in my face..typing on the keyboard with her paws...down I put her...up she comes!  Same when I hook my rugs!  (There I got rug hooking in my blog...somehow...tricky huh? )



Anyway..here is another fattening recipe!  Cant help  but post it ...it looks so good...no wonder I cant lose any weight...!!! Although I DID just walk for 45 min.....yea for me!  Cant rid of the tire around my middle.  Anyone have any really good EASY exercise for this area...that isnt too hard...I am kind of whimpy...if its too hard or agonizing I wont do it....basically I am looking for the MIRACLE love handle move....if you have it youve GOT to share!
Oatmeal Raisin Cheesecake Crumble
Convenient refrigerated cookies form the delicious crust for rich and creamy dessert squares.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 3 Hr 15 Min
Makes: 16
INGREDIENTS:
1
package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Big Deluxe™ refrigerated oatmeal raisin cookies (12 cookies)
2
cups Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
2
packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1
can (14 oz) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1
teaspoon vanilla
2
EGGLAND’S BEST eggs
1
cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
3/4
cup packed light brown sugar
1/2
cup cold LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter
3/4
cup Hershey’s® cinnamon chips
1
cup raisins
1/2
cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
User Rating: full starfull starfull starfull starempty star
DIRECTIONS:
  • Heat oven to 350°F. In bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan, press cookie dough rounds evenly for crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the pecans; press firmly into dough. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add milk, vanilla and eggs; beat until well blended. On low speed, beat in 1/2 cup of the flour. Pour over crust; spread evenly.
  • In medium bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup flour. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Stir in cinnamon chips, raisins, oats and remaining 1 cup pecans. Sprinkle over cheese mixture.
  • Bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until set. Cool completely, about 2 hours. To serve, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store in refrigerator.
This is a great book that I just started reading...it is soooo funny.  I didnt expect for it to funny...I thought it would be like Debbie MacCombers Bloom Street Book series..but Gil McNeil is from England..and she has a very dry very funny English sense of humor....I laugh outloud reading every page.  If you need a pick me up and also like knitting...what a good fall read this will be for you!
Look at these really cool knee warmers!  Sorry I dont know where I got this picture...I have had it saved for awhile...but I would love to make these...If I showed this to my children they would roll their eyes and say "Oh Mom  REALLY!  I wouldnt be caught dead being seen with you wearing those!"  But I LOVE THEM!!! Is there something wrong with me?  Perhaps...but I love color...I love fiber art...I love being warm...and I love being funky I guess and artistic...that how I SEE IT??!!!  I say to them..."I WOULD NEVER TAKE THEM OFF! 
This is also a really cool site....she makes awesome jewelry!  Tell her you heard from her by me!  I plan on owning many of these beautiful creations...they are so me!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Laura, your cat has that funny look that says "But you do love me , don't you? He is the same color as my big long hair Leo the cat was. I still miss him. He was such a darling cat and would look at me with his big eyes and waited for me to give him the go ahead before he would climb on me. He was heavy.

    That desert looks like totally sinful and would need a strong will to resist.

    If those knee warmer are you, then by all mean go ahead and knit a pair. Before long others will beg you for the pattern. Hope that your weekend goes well. JB

    ReplyDelete