Monday, February 21, 2011

Done with Koi Pond Quilt!




 I have finished my Koi Pond Quilt!  I think I have worked harder on this quilt than anything than any artwork I have ever made!  There are probably 200 hours or so of work--literally blood (poking myself from pins) sweat and tears in this quilt!  It is for my daughter Hannah.  I am proud of how it turned out...its not perfect but its mine.. I made it ...and I love it!  There are thousands and thousands of stitches in this piece.  I told Hannah if /when I die...all you have to do is rub your hands across the quilt and she should feel my love come through in the stitches.  I said a prayer of this quilt so she would always feel my presence and love through this quilt.  Its color and movement and energy reflects how I feel about life.
I have not clipped the loose end threads yet....my last thing to do...take care of loose ends---HOW FITTING! 
"Koi Pond Joy"  Laura Bradley 2011                                                                                  


3 comments:

  1. It's just gorgeous! Hannah will treasure it forever!
    Great job Laura!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful I wish I could make something like this for my room I adore koi fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin...you can make something like this! I painted this as a painting before I made it into a quilt. Are you a quilter?

    ReplyDelete