Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Still Life with a Cup of Tea" almost done!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say “I used everything you gave me.”
Erma Bombeck













All done except the border (shown right above laid across the quilt...the green and black and red stripes...(It will go perfectly....and I got a huge amount of this fabric-Ralph Lauren fabric for 75 cents at the thift store!! hehe-yea!!)  So, besides the border and the quilting on the top...which will add some dimension and delineation to the quilt, I am done!  I had fun making this impressionistic quilt...nothing had to be perfect...the plates and the pot and saucer etc...are not perfect...and that adds to the feeling and creates the right mood...I didnt want perfection...my type of quilting!!  Its very happy and colorful.  I am keeping this one...It may end up in my kitchen.  It makes me happy looking at it.  I have to work on the koi pond quilt for my daughter now today and try to finish it in the over the weekend as it is supposed to be a Valentines gift.  I did not have my free motion foot ...it was stuck at my sewing machine fix it guys house...finally I got it and then this morning I realized my naughty kitty had played with it and carried it off somewhere in my house! (my fault--I shouldnt have had it sitting on my machine)...who know it was the perfect kitty toy...I have to go searching now.. We have shortened his name to from Dennis to now....Menace.  We just call him Menace.  Perfect name for him.

1 comment:

  1. Laura.... this quilt is FABULOUS! It reminds me of a lovely still life watercolor. I love everything about it. Your blog looks great! Thanks for dropping by, and yes, go get one of those $5 dishes for Valentine's Day!
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete