Monday, February 28, 2011

Last pictures of Koi Pond...in its home at last!


 My daughter, Hannah, in her home with the new quilt!  I couldn't get the flash to work properly.  I think she likes it very much.  She was a bit worried about all the color...later, after I started it, she said she was thinking she should have asked for a more neutral colored quilt.  She was worried her fiance doesn't like too much color.  But he is ok with it...and I have been trying to tell Hannah to get some pillows and a throw  to tie it all in. (I watch too much HGTV...I was saying we need a "pop" of color to tie it in.) :) I said I would buy her some pillows and etc...but she said NO....I will buy it IF I want  to...she definitely does not want me decorating her home for her!...Its too bad...just because I love doing it...and it would be fun for me...but I cant over step my boundaries.  AHHH...motherhood. I think about my own mother and how she lived to decorate her home...and thinking back-she never over stepped her boundaries with my home even when I was really young.  I never even remember her making suggestions which is kind of odd...but I , too, always had very specific ideas and loved to decorate.  I never had any money...so I have always did what I could with thrift store, garage sale and estate sale finds as well as hand me downs.  To this day, I enjoy decorating this way...it gives it an eclectic and interesting look besides the fact that it keeps it affordable!
  
My engaged daughter.....life moves way too fast sometimes!  We had fun when I was there looking at the computer at places to have her wedding and looking at a Bride's Dress magazine.  She is thinking about going to Jamaica for her wedding so I really have something to try to lose weight for so I can get in my suit without crying!  I have been working out for a couple months now pretty intensely.  I have been frustrated with the lack of weight loss... although my pants have fit a bit better I certainly dont need to buy all new clothes by any means!  Finally after a little over 2 months I finally lost 5 lbs.  I am hoping that because I worked so hard to get that off...it will be likely to remain off instead of a daily roller coaster.  I figure I had like 44 lbs to lose!  So now I have 39...it seems insurmountable!  At 45...it just seems to be so hard.  Ahh...well, I know I am not alone...seems just about every woman I know is trying to lose weight all the time.  I really try not too talk about it all the time.  But actually I am so proud that I have been working out.  I feel so much better..energy wise and I do think I notice that my body looks better...I love Anytime Fitness Gym and I go there for 1.5 hours about 3-5 days a week and then on Sundays my husband and I swim laps at the local high school for 45 min to an hour.  It feels good.  I have been bad for the last 3 years when I started my art gallery.  Starting a business does not allow one much time to do anything but the business while it is so young.  Well, enough about weight.  But I am proud of myself for trying so hard.  I feel good about moving and exercising again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment