Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Down to the last stretch!






Finally today I finished the lilies!  I had no idea each one would take me so long.  They were painstakingly hard...lots of petals!  Now I have 2 days to finish the water ripples and put the top all together...fuse the top, layer the batting and the backing and I will be ready to go to my quilt retreat and machine quilt all weekend!  I was so excited...I hate to say..I have had to quilt non stop and feverishly to get it done by Friday that I almost need a break from quilting!  But I know I will have a good time!!  I cant wait to see what everyone else is working on and talk talk talk!  I'm bringing my book club book and my swimsuit and I AM going to relax,eat and socialize as well as quilt!
Everything always looks a bit flat until I start quilting and adding dimension and delineation to the quilt.  Trust me it will look better quilted! Each petal will be delineated better...and I shade with the thread as well. Thats the fun part...well...actually I love it all!  I haven't decided whether to use metallic thread, coordinating thread,contrasting thread ...or what.  I am thinking for sure metallic thread on the water ripples.  Plus I am adding bead work on the water ripples as well.  when it is all together I will haul it to the store to put threads on top of it to decide...Im cleaning it all up for today.  I finished what I set out to do today.  Tonight I am going to try to go to my first Madison Contemporary Fiber Artist Meeting in Madison at 6:30.  After that, I am going to work out for an hour and 1/2 at the gym...reading time and to bed.  A good day, productive and busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment