Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ring

I felted this ring today..my first attempt.  I made it too big...next time I will make it skinnier and I also made it too big for my finger...I thought bigger better...and I will shrink it...Well, I dont know why my wool sweaters always get shrunk in the wash and especially if they go in the dryer, but do you think I could shrink this ring? No!  I tried 3 times...I got it very wet and put it in the dryer 3 times...no shrinkage.  So, now I have to re-cut it and try to re felt the connection.  I hope this is possible.  I am going to embroider on the ring as well ...I just want to make sure it fits before I start embroidering. (Oh, and I am a fiber artist....so dont look at my very dry and un-manicured hands and nails...also its Winter in Wisconsin!)
 finished the lily pads...sorry if you are bored with this...I am doing it for myself so I can see progress...also, it looks different to me and I can see where I need to make changes...Most of the lilies in this picture are paper...I am not done with the lily flowers.  Will try to do that tomorrow and the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Caught a glimpse of the felted rug yesterday but didn't have time to comment. Looks very promising - can't wait to see the final. And the fish quilt is looking gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ring..is sitting on my table and not on my finger! I made it too large. I tried to shrink it many ways...it amazes me how everything you dont want to shrink does and this ring got bigger! So I have to re-cut it and try to make it smaller.(Which I am not sure you can do once you felt the heck out of it with a needle! Then I am going to embroider all over it. Its just a first attempt...I try to remember that perfection is the killer of all things good. My husband says he would like to try to make a "manly" one for him.

    ReplyDelete