Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Sweet 16 year olds birthday cake






My daughter's 16th birthday is tomorrow...the 6th...my epiphany baby!  My daughter Hannah and I made her a fancy fondant birthday cake last night.  It was Hannah's idea...I had never done fondant before.  It was a fun mess! ...She got the recipe online.  Its just made with melted marshmallows and powdered sugar and of course, paste food coloring and then you roll it out and create with it...its like stiff pie crust.  Hannah is inspired to make a lot more cakes for friends and relatives.  She said its her new hobby!

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. You both did a great job. I'm sure it was fun but I am glad I didn't have to do the clean up!
    Happy Birthday Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those cake shows have nothing on you two - it's beautiful! She is lucky to have such a talented mom and sis. And I'm sure she is having a wonderful birthday today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please enable your email address *directions on my post today* and I'll be able to answer your questions about the spray.

    ReplyDelete